Tanker Rail Cars
Conventional tanker cars are insulated with 4 inches of fiber glass insulation with an exterior steel jacket vs. a TC Ceramic insulated tanker car which uses 120 mils of TC Ceramic insulation.
Conventional tanker car weighs 8700 pounds more than a TC Ceramic insulated tanker car.
Conventional tanker car has problems of corrosion under the insulation vs. a TC Ceramic insulated car which does not.
Conventional tanker car has an internal smaller tank surrounded with an
exterior larger barrel which causes a loss of capacity vs. a TC Ceramic insulated tanker car which uses the standard large barrel with no loss in carrying capacity.
In comparative testing in both hot weather (summer) and cold weather (winter) regarding the reheating of products transported in the tanker cars for both the conventional tanker and the TC Ceramic insulated tanker, the TC Ceramic insulated tanker car reheated in similar times and within acceptable standards of the conventional cars.
Because of it’s excellent adhesion to most surfaces, TC Ceramic has been used in brick buildings and rooftops all over the world. A military hospital in Baghdad has coated all areas exposed to direct sunlight, reducing air conditioning costs and lowering heat absorption in the building.
• TC Ceramic has the highest reflectance (83%) and emissivity (94%) of any products on the market. Depending upon multiple variables reduces energy costs without having to remodel the facility.
• By cutting the heat that penetrates the roof, the contraction and expansion of the roof caused by the heat will be reduced, thus reducing roof leakage and the costs of roof maintenance and damage to the roof.
• By cutting the heat that penetrates the roof, the costs for air conditioning, refrigeration, freezers or other environmental costs could be reduced, thus providing a more comfortable place for employees and lower energy costs for commercial warehousing..
• TC Ceramic will add very little weight to the roof as it is less than one‐tenth of a pound per
• On metal roofs, it has the secondary benefit of reducing corrosion.
• The above is also applicable to the external walls of most structures where solar heat is an issue.
• Acoustical benefits can be derived by using 30 mils on the interior of a building.
TC Ceramic has many applications for use across the commercial and industrial sector.
If you have any questions you would like answered or are thinking of purchasing a TC Ceramic product then please get in contact with us.
Fill in the form, email us or call us. One of your team will be here to answer any questions you may have.